Being a 2K Mama E

Thursday, May 04, 2006

I just knew it...

So if anyone with kids think they dont have "mommy instincts" they are dead WRONG! My lil baby Hayden woke up this morning with yet another 101 temp, as this would be day 5. I'm told myself that I had it and noone is going to tell me that a baby with a temp over 100 for 5 days straight is "just teething." So back to the docs again today. Guess what I was right, there is ANOTHER problem to him teething. Not does my baby have a double wammy with being sick and teething at the same time...he has a DOUBLE ear infection! It has just been a horrible day! The stupid nurse turned the dam thermeter off while taking his temp so she had to do that all over again. Let's be realistic rectal temps are only an invasion of privacy here regardless of your age! Then they took some blood to make sure there were no other "underlying" problems. My poor baby just cried and screamed and screamed and gave me this look like, mommy what ever do for you to do this to me. I just wanted to break down and cry. It was AWFUL! They did give him a Tazmanian devil bandaid and that brought some sparkle back into my Haydens eyes. On a brighter note they obviously gave me an antiobiotic and no fever as of 10 this morning. Whoopie!!!!!!!!!!!!!Plus he is much happier and no more sad faces. Lots of cackles and giggles! My baby is starting the turnaround to being a "happy" boy again! Yeah!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that my little man is doing better already. Never doubt your mommy instincts, they will never guide you wrong. You're an awesome mommy!!! Things will get better. Glad you updated the ole' blogger. Call me if you need anything.

P.S.- I'm sending the brat of a kid to your house for the weekend, her bags are packed.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Update your damn blog woman!!! Tell us about your new job, your mother-in-law that you "heart" so much or something. I'm getting bored here and would like something to read.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home